new Equilibrium collection.
Epic Time Keeping on your Wrist.
No other watch on the planet offers the functionality and wealth of time information that the new 24-hour Equilibrium collection from YES watch does. There is no comparison. This is the most unique time piece ever.
Many moons ago we decided to grab hold of the true essences of time and make that the foundation of the extraordinarily unique 24-hour watches our team has gone on to produce since 1999. It was not an exercise in design for the sake of design; it was an exercise in design for the most comprehensive presentation of time ever offered on your wrist. It was a calling.
At a glance the EQ will give your hours, minutes and seconds as well as times for sunrise, sunset and twilight, moonrise, moonset and moon phase plus alert you to solstices, equinoxes and cross quarter days for exactly where you are. It also has a range of alarms, an electronic compass along with a host of other time data information and features.
The unique design has one 24-hour hand and a 24-hour dial to which the multiple circular dials sync up with.
These are the Equilibrium hardware specifications:
- 48x17mm titanium case with sapphire crystal in silver-tone or IP black with water-resistance to 10 ATM.
- 3 or 5 link titanium bracelets with locking clasp.
- Choice of silicon, leather and NATO straps.
- Choice of 5 rotating bezels in 3 different colors with mirror backed orange/yellow sun/moon stones.
- High resolution near white positive TDF LCD. Black negative non TDF LCD by request. TDF means Transflective Display Film which greatly increases perceived contrast in LCD. In a negative LCD however, TDF has an adverse effect.
- Inner 24-hour dial with 24 tritium T100 tubes, plus one tube on the analog hand, and a bright luminescent backlight. Together they provide a gorgeous nighttime viewing experience. See this link for more info on what T100 means: tritiumreview.blogspot.com
- The master quartz crystal is attached to the PCB and controls all the timings. This master is connected directly to CPU. The timing and the accuracy of the Ronda analog drive are also driven from this CPU. The computer controlled analog hand and the digital time is automatically synchronized.
- Custom made lithium ion polymer rechargeable battery with 2-3 months of battery life on a full night charge. Expected battery life is 5 years.
- Comes in a strong custom presentation box with room for additional straps, jeweler's tools, recharge clip with USB wire and Instruction Manual.
- Two year limited warranty.
Review our Equilibrium Indiegogo campaign for additional information. Perhaps pre-order one for your wrist at an awesome price that will not last.
For only $590 this one of a kind
time machine will find it's way to
your wrist in October.
Delivery in October 2017.
"It all started out while traveling the Caribbean decades ago.
I simply wanted to know when the sun would rise the next morning. Go for a beach walk at the first rays. My gleamingly beautiful Rolex Submariner was of no use at all. So I decided to make my own watch."
Founder, YES Watch
Following the Sun.
Once you study time keeping beyond the springs and screws and luxury bragging rights they have made you think it is all about, you will find a millennia long timeline of fascinating evolution, understanding and history. Calendars and time keeping were spawned by the heavens above, by the sun and the moon, everything else followed. It is in this realm of wisdom and awareness that the Equilibrium finds its platform and ancestry. What a fashionista might be hawking as trending today is kinda completely irrelevant. Time is timeless.
- This is the man-made time data the Equilibrium keeps track of.
- Hours, minutes and seconds in AM/PM or 2400 format
- City name. 587 cities worldwide have been pre-programmed into the watch. It can also be set by LAT/LON, TZ and DST
- Year, date, month and day
- TZ and DST
- DOY & WEEK #
Any quartz movement has an accuracy of about plus/minus 20 seconds a month. It comes with the territory. In the EQ software program we have added a +/- 60 seconds accuracy adjustment capability of the quartz oscillator. Once you have determined the variation in your watch you can trim the EQ to an accuracy of plus/minus 1 second a month.
The Circles of Time in the Equilibrium.
Time isn't linear and it isn't just a number. Time is spatial and it is alive. The stunningly detailed LCD in the EQ takes a hold of this universal knowledge and creates a display of circular dials that will relate your space and time to the rotation of the earth and to the cycles of the sun and the moon.
The black 24-hour circle of time.
This is by far the most essential time in society today. Everything runs according to it. Jet planes, shops, rock concerts, what have you, it all relates back to this time. When something begins and when it ends, when to meet, when to leave. In 1883 the powers that be divided the world into 24 time zones, on average 15 degrees each, even though over land the TZ border follows geographical specifics and can vary greatly. All time calculations in the Equilibrium are based on UTC time.
In the EQ the 24-hour dial has a tritium tube for every hour and markers at quarter and half hours.
The orange sun circle.
Next to the 24-hour dial the orange sun circle gives you the time data for the sun. Sunrise and sunset, times for morning and evening twilight, solar high noon or zenith, and finally solar midnight. The dark area gives you nighttime, the checkered part gives you twilight and the light orange part indicates daytime.
The yellow moon circle.
The inner yellow circle will give you time for moonrise and moonset and lunar high noon or midnight. When the moon is up and when it is down. This circle can also be used to display SR/SS for an alternate location.
The moon phase display is accompanied by waxing /waning arrows.
The AM/PM circle.
Just outside the 24-dial, on the titanium collar that holds the crystal in place there is a shiny/satin finish on the two halves indicating AM/PM from 0000-1200
The outer circle, the rotating bezel.
Offered in five different bezel insert designs in three different colors. You choose which one makes the most sense for you.
- At the push of a button the following time data will read out in the dot-matrix. It is accurate to plus/minus 2 minutes:
- Times for sunrise/zenith/sunset/civil twilight/nautical twilight/astronomical twilight
- Times for moonrise/lunar noon/moonset/% luminance/date and time of next new moon/time and date of full moon
On the 8 main turning points of the sun the inner yellow dial will alert you to the event. These are solstices, equinoxes and cross quarter dates. The inner yellow circle will display a gradual checkered pattern as the year progresses. At the top of the hour the event name as well as exact time for it is displayed.
For those who want the full package
with the titanium bracelet.
The Indiegogo last minute special
for the EQ with silver-tone finish.
Delivery in October 2017.
Mind over Matter.
In a mindful and beautiful design that focuses on content, application and wear, while throwing fads and frills to the side, the Equilibrium is for those who are ready to graduate from the ordinary to the special. This is the one that carefully and accurately reconnects man-made and natural circadian rhythms. This is for the part of your soul that nurtures a free and independent thought. This is your time.
Alarms, stopwatch, 7 languages and a compass.
Watches are always in one form or another about timing. To that end we have added a range of alarm options to the Equilibrium. The alarm sound may not wake you from a deep sleep but it certainly is loud enough when you are waiting for a sign. Here they are:
- Daily Alarm. This is your regular set alarm with a 10-minute snooze.
- 99 minute timer.
- Sunrise/set alarm. Chimes at event time with pre-alarm time of 0-60 minutes as set by user.
- Cuckoo alarm. Like Grandpas old clock, chimes at the top of the hour with 00 -24 hour range set by user.
- 999 day countdown/up with user set event date.
- Regatta Alarm. The official countdown sequence used in official regattas. Automatically converts to stopwatch when start is successful.
- All the alarms relate to whichever location your watch is set for.
The Equilibrium also has a stopwatch with lap times that counts to 1/100 of a second. Lap times kept in memory for review until the stopwatch is reset.
The 7 languages for menu settings and readouts are: English, Spanish, German, French, Norwegian, Italian and Portuguese.
The spot on accurate electronic compass has N/S/E/W arrows and a digital readout of degrees. The analog hand will stay fixed at 1200 which will align to 00 N readout.
The practical applications and insights of
the EQ are endless.
There is no end to the uses and tasks customers have told us their Yes watches have enabled them to manage better and with greater accuracy. The Equilibrium is a superior tool for confident timing. It is also a great conversation starter.
World travelers. Instantly ground yourself to local time. Carefully used it can effectively help you overcome jet lag. Once you set your location the hand and LCD display sets itself automatically compensating for TZ and DST.
Astronomers. With the added feature of twilight, your best time to view the universe just became even more accurate to predict.
Photographers. Professionals can plan for the best natural light conditions and when to shoot throughout the day and night. You can plan to shoot at the golden hour, to up your Instagram game!
Military. Operations are critically planned around the availability of light, or the lack thereof. They got bin Laden on a moonless night, it was not a coincidence. The 2400 time display makes it a natural for the Special Forces.
Pilots. Flying changes dramatically after dark, like night and day. All of a sudden you see nothing, except maybe artificial lights and the horizon disappears. If JFK junior had an EQ he might have been the President today.
Boating. The same goes for boating. The last thing you want to run into is a rock or a log after dark. Much better to be in harbor or anchored before the sun is setting.
Motor biking. Driving changes drastically after dark. In an unfamiliar spot especially, you might be best off planning to be back at the hotel before the sun goes down.
Outdoorsmen. Not much brings you closer to nature than camping, fishing and hunting. With the EQ you can predict the rhythm of day and night exactly. Plan the activities with complete confidence.
Watch collectors. If you are a watch enthusiast your collection is not complete until you have one of these unique timepieces. You can only have so many watches giving you hours, minutes and seconds before they are all just the same.
Moments of sanctuary. A quiet time, a prayer or a kindred ritual aligned with the divine rhythms of the sun and the moon makes the experience just so much richer and stronger. Try it sometime.
The black Equilibrium is
a beautiful and stealthy timepiece.
Delivery in November 2017.
The Equilibrium At Work.
For larger view of these videos, click here.
We will set the watch before shipping
and adjust the bracelet to fit your wrist.
The astronomical algorithms of the sun and the moon are complex. The Equilibrium has a wealth of time keeping data and it is the kind of watch were you want to read the Instruction Manual to get full use of it. You will find the operations to be quite intuitive, but for starters you are going to want to spend some time with it to familiarize yourself.
Include the circumference of your wrist when pre-ordering and we'll adjust the bracelet for you. The 4 adjustment holes on the buckle will make it fit snugly to your wrist.
Smart watches and phones only last a day or two; with the EQ you can go on a long vacation and not have to worry about the battery. The battery lasts for at least 30 days, and that is far better than most rechargeable watches on the market.
Pre-order yours today
at a great price that won't last.
Visit our Indiegogo campaign to pre-orders yours now
at about 40% off MSRP:
Follow us on Instagram